GDC no: 71581
Professor Hilt Tatum is one of the principal figures in the world of dental implantology. With more than 38 years of solid experience in Oral Implantology, for both the clinical and the academic aspects, he has pioneered the development of modern implantology with the conception and application of procedures such as: Bone expansion in 1970, Autogenous bone grafting in 1971, Sinus lift in 1974; and Sinus graft in 1975[…]
Professor Tatum is a world-renowned presenter, having given more than 2000 lectures, courses, and presentations in various countries worldwide. He held the esteemed position of Chief of Oral Surgery at the Edward White Hospital in Florida, USA, and went on to become the same institution’s Director of the Implant Residency Programme from 1990 to 1995.
Professor Tatum designed the world’s first titanium root form implant system – the first of its kind to be awarded the approval from FDA marketing. He is the recipient of numerous prizes, awards, and fellowships in recognition of his achievements and services with regards to Oral Implantology.
He is the primary moving force behind the predictability of methods for bone enhancement that were formulated by combining bone expansion with closed interpositional segmental osteotomies. This revolutionary technique led to the removal of the previously-necessary onlay bone grafting methods that can have unpredictable results, avoiding situations that can result to unnecessary complications and increased treatment costs.
Professor Hilt Tatum’s distinguished awards and affiliations include:
- Insignia of Chevalier of the Legion of Honour – awarded in 2004 by the President of France, Jacques Chirac, for his accomplishments and contributions to the world of dentistry.
- Lifetime Member – UK Association of Dental Implantology (ADI)
- Senior Adviser – British Society of Oral Implantology (BSOI)
- Past President – American Board of Oral Implantology
- Clinical Professor in Periodontology and Oral Implantology – Temple University Dental School
- Associate Professor of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Implantology – University of Lille Medical School
- Co-Director of the Implant Maxi Course – University of Puerto Rico