Improve your Life with a Smile Makeover
A smile makeover is a process involving various dental techniques to improve the appearance and function of a patient’s smile. A smile makeover can be successfully done with the use of one or more cosmetic dentistry procedures, which can be administered and supervised by a dentist trained and experienced in the techniques.
A smile makeover starts with a patient’s consultation with a cosmetic dentist to discuss the specific needs and goals for the smile makeover. The cosmetic dentist will then proceed with the diagnostics and planning, and discuss in detail the things that the patient can expect before, during and after the smile makeover process and importantly to assess what is achievable and what isn’t.
Common Smile Makeover Treatments and Procedures
There are various cosmetic dentistry procedures that can be included in a smile makeover; where multiple techniques are used the process is described as multidisciplinary. some of the most common ones are:
• Teeth Whitening – This cosmetic dentistry treatment or procedure is done to improve the appearance of badly stained or discolored teeth, as part of the complete smile makeover process.
Note: To the best of our knowledge, according to current regulations it is only legal for a dentist or dental care professional to whiten your teeth
• Dental Veneers – Dental veneers are used to address teeth that are badly stained and discolored; they can also be used to improve the appearance of uneven teeth.
• Dental Crowns or Dental Bridges – Dental crowns or dental bridges are used to replace missing teeth (or a single tooth), so that the appearance and function of a patient’s smile is vastly improved. Unsightly spaces resulting from missing teeth can be remedied with dental crowns and dental bridges.
• Dental Implants – Dental implants are permanent replacements for missing teeth, or even for dentures, and are excellent replacements for a patient’s (missing) natural teeth. Dental implant procedures are done by dental surgeons.
• Orthodontics or Braces- A smile makeover makes use of orthodontics to improve the alignment of a patient’s teeth, resulting in better teeth function and appearance.