Provide support for removable dentures by way of ball attachments or other attachments.
Mini Dental Implants / Implants Over Dentures is an ill defined phrase. It usually refers to implants that are smaller in diameter than conventional implants although there is an overlap between the sizes of mini and conventional implants. They are usually used to provide support for removable dentures by way of ball attachments or other attachments. The denture can often be used immediately upon placement of the implants. Mini Dental Implants / Implants Over Dentures can also be used to support temporary restorations during an implant treatment plan when they are often removed prior to the final restoration being provided.
Benefits of Mini Dental Implants /
Implants Over Dentures
• The immediate placement of mini implants involves techniques that are less invasive. This results in less no downtime and less trauma for the patient.
• The patient’s gums often will not be cut or stitched with the i placement of mini implants, which means that the patient will experience a less painful and quicker healing process.
• The quick placement of mini implants allows the patient to experience the convenience of using the implants immediately after they are placed, without the need to wait for months to fully utilize the implants.
• mini implants can be more cost-effective compared to complex fixed conventional dental implant treatment .
• Since mini implants are designed for patients with thin jaw bone ridges, bone grafting procedures are often not needed.
Cautions of Mini Dental Implants / Implants Over Dentures
• ALL implants including the mini type involve surgery
• There is no such thing as non invasive implants.
• ALL implants have to follow strict protocols with respect to dentist training, assessment,planning, placement etc. There are no short cuts.
• Generally these implants are used to support removable dentures or temporary restorations.